View Single Post
Old 05-12-2019, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puerto Player View Post
I honestly don't know if it had the soundboard prep done, I never looked in there myself. My tech did pickup swaps. Maybe the Woody's with their extra layer of resin and wood require additional prep work. I wish I would have looked in there now. My guitar has maybe 60% of the mid's and highs as my other X20's. It's strange. It's almost like they're there, but can't get out, but they're not there, because both the PIZO and the Mic pickups can't find them either. As I said in another thread, I'm a bit "miffed" somebody played this $3500 guitar at Emerald and let it out of the factory sounding the way it does. It's on it's way back now, again. First time customs returned it to me because the USPS insured it improperly with the corresponding customs number. Never ends.
Yeah I feel for ya. What you're saying is very similar to what I experienced with the pickup. It was picking up a lot of mud. It's singing now though so I can't complain. I thought they compensated for the thin veneer when they make the mold, so in theory a veneered top and a carbon top should be roughly the same thickness. Are they the same tonally, I don't know. Some say there's a difference. What you're describing is one of those weird issues and hopefully they can figure out what's wrong with it and let everyone know.