View Single Post
Old 02-08-2020, 06:39 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Young View Post
Ah, indeed, that looks like the right thing! I don't understand the "mixing" feature, tho. It only has digital ins, but then the photo shows a mixer with a "snare drum" track. How does it support a 48-channel digital mixer with what seems to be 8 digital inputs?
I have a Motu Ultralite AVB, and I believe the router/mixer/dsp is identical. For home studios most of the mixer / router / dsp features wouldn’t likely be used; it’s mainly there to be used on a multi-box configuration (stageboxes connected to front of house stuff, etc, using an AVB connection). However the box can also be standalone. The mixer could include the 8D I/O and your DAW I/O or it can also include and control any other connected Motu box.

The mixer is great for zero latency monitoring while you are recording. I use a headphone mix which includes my guitar mics as well as tracks from the daw (click or previously recorded tracks). For this mix I have it EQd by the Motu Box. I set up a different mix for my monitor outputs. I can also use the Motu headphone mix and monitor output mix to listen to anything from the computer without the daw. I use the daw mixer for individual recorded tracks.

The Motu 8D is $600.

A less expensive option is the Focusrite Scarlett 8i6. It has SPDIF input and output that could connect to the OPs UA2192. It has a mixer that will support zero latency monitoring. It has 2 mic preamps and converters but they could be ignored / not used.

2012 Carruth 12-fret 000 in Pernambuco and Adi
2010 Poling Sierra in Cuban Mahogany and Lutz
2015 Posch 13-fret 00 in Indian Rosewood and Adi

Last edited by ChuckS; 02-08-2020 at 08:15 PM.