View Single Post
Old 01-07-2022, 04:52 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerberguitars View Post
Thanks for the pic of the prototype, I understand now where you're headed.
Very cool concept! I look forward to following along.
Thanks, Ryan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jklotz View Post
This should be most interested. You'll have to post a sound sample when this is all done.
I will definitely post a sample, which unfortunately means I'm probably going to have to figure out how to play some percussive guitar....volunteers welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Kinnaird View Post
Just when you think that you’ve seen it all—something like this comes along.
Very cool, very adventurous. Good luck with this. And certainly, we would love to hear a clip of this being played.
Thanks, Steve, this means a lot to me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevWind View Post
Very interesting
Will be greate to watch the progress and would be cool to also have a demo video/recording of the actual sound when finished . I have an actual tongue drum in my collection of percussion instruments
I built a few tongue drums over the past few months to try and figure them out. They are as unpredictable as you'd expect a wooden instrument to be, but can be manipulated through careful material removal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomB'sox View Post
Funny the different reactions that saw invokes, makes my stomach turn in knots to see that LOL. Good luck, this looks really cool and the woods and rosette choices are stunning.
It was definitely a "brown pants" operation - even on a prototype with $20 mahogany sides. I've worked out a way to do it that will be a little less hair raising (or hair losing).