View Single Post
Old 08-10-2016, 08:23 AM

Managed to get a few more hours work done this morning, this finished the back bracing, pretty much finished the soundboard bracing, I still have not sanded them clean as i may tweak the braces slightly during voicing it when I attach the top to the rim (although the voicing procedure is just going to be complete guesswork so I might just leave it and hope that its good as it is now) and did some sanding work on the edges of the rim and glued the maple bridge plate in.

finished bracing on the back
Untitled by David Emm, on Flickr

closer view of the bracing on the back

during the bracing triangulation process

soundboard braces carved after the bridge plate was glued in

did some "bus driving" in the radius dish to get the back edge of the rim as it needs to be. I did have a clamp in place holding the sides into the spreaders. My mould is too big and too heavy to use that to hold the rim steady while sanding so I had to find an alternative.
There is still a several millimeter gap at the bottom of the curve of the cutaway (the corner right by the neck block) which I forgot to take a picture of. Not sure if I cut the side profile wrong or not, or if this gap will be a problem and I have to sand more off the neck block to get it all 'level' (not level as its in the radius but yea)