View Single Post
Old 07-17-2017, 12:11 PM
Charter Member

Right now we're just using a clear jar with our logos on it a some lettering that says something like "thanks for tipping" or something generic. It's my partner's so I never paid any attention. But we named it Phil and make a joke sometime during the evening about it being named Phil the Tip Jar. Always gets a laugh or two. There's a guy that plays the Smokey Mountain Songwriter Festival (don't know his name) that has a tip jar with a clown's head on it and makes it a game of seeing who can toss money into the clown's mouth. He's got it rigged so that everything that gets tossed at the head falls into the jar. People line up to try to toss money into the clown's mouth. He's a genius.

Back when I used to play some of the rowdier bars I had a tip jar just for those venues that said "Just put the TIP in and see how it feels!". That one got a bunch of attention and filled up really quickly. Can't take it to respectable places though.

I have another one for solo shows where I'm billed most of the time as The Goat that says "Goat Tipping Encouraged".
'18 Martin 000-17E "Willie"
‘23 Taylor AD12e-SB
'22 Taylor GTe Blacktop
'15 Martin 000X1AE

https://pandora.app.link/ysqc6ey22hb