View Single Post
Old 09-20-2021, 10:02 AM

I have three inexpensive guitars that I play regularly.

One is my Indiana Madison. I play it because it was a gift from my wife. Sounds boxy, I would have not bought it. But since it was a gift it gets playing time.

I inherited a Lotus. It was my father-in-laws when he decided he wanted t learn to play. I had it for about a year after he passed then it went to my brother-in-laws stepson. He had it for a number of years. He beat the day lights out of it but I now have it back. After a little TLC it is a very easy playing guitar again. Kind of a shame they are no longer made.

In 2007 I purchased an Indiana Scout. It came with a "gig" bag, more of a dust cover. I also purchased a cloth strap. All that for the grand total of $110.

Wasn't planning on buying the Scout but when I picked it up it had a nice sound. And it was already setup. Imagine, a shop taking the time to setup a $100 guitar.

I have taken the Scout to jams and been asked about my Martin. I just chuckle and say look again.

Inexpensive guitars can be fun. Maybe it's because you are willing to take more chances with them. My Scout is the one that goes on vacation.
2019 Takamine GD93
2022 Takamine GJ72CE 6-String
2022 Cort GA-QF CBB
1963 Gibson SG
2016 Kala uke
Dean A style mandolin. (Year unknown)
Lotus L80 (1984ish)
Plus a few lower end I have had for years