View Single Post
Old 09-19-2021, 09:41 PM

There are some very nice affordable guitars now. I like the gretsch roots series from 2017, 3 sizes 0, 00 and 000. I have the 000 version as my travel/festival/river guitar and other musicians always comment on how nice it sounds and the great looks with the slot head, burst and nice inlay, it cost me $230 few years ago. But the factory in Indonesia burnt down so now you have to find used ones.

But I just got a Gretsch Jim Dandy and it has near perfect intonation and really nice action at both saddle and nut slots and plays and sounds really great for blues and other fingerstyle. It was an amazon warehouse deal at $120 from a dealer and showed up brand new looking in box with tags, not sure why it was marked down. It is a 24 scale guitar and 3/4 size and is great for taking anywhere and not having to worry about it. Tuners not the best is about only complaint, but worth upgrading. They have a few if anyone wants one and totally worth it, something to be said for a plywood guitar that plays and sounds good.