View Single Post
Old 12-04-2017, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James May View Post
It seems you've been pointed to the right info. I would add that Stevie Coyle of Mighty Fine Guitars (one of our dealers) is routinely performing with his steel string Parker Fly using a WaveMap that was created with one of his very nice acoustic instruments. This trick is most successful with typical under saddle pickups.
I can recall when the Fishman folks absolutely hated to hear the M word ("modeling") applied to their Aura technology. They took pains to explain the differences between modeling and Aura "sound imaging". It took them years to accept that the technology could also be used for modeling and develop Aura IC (for image casting) to make slender hybrid guitars sound like full-bodied acoustics.

Congratulations to you Audio Sprockets folks for being very quick to discover and demonstrate ToneDexter's modeling potential.

BTW, I'm finding that I like ToneDexter's low character setting for some gigging applications. Congrats to Audio Sprockets for finding a way to provide a more focused signal without having to blend some of the dry signal quack back into my guitar sound.