View Single Post
Old 07-27-2021, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by necrome View Post
jpino is definitely right on this. Just listened to roylor's recordings and he's definitely an amateur in music. Don't need to start drama here if your music skills are far from professional.
Never said I was a pro, now did I? I am a intermediate guitar player with lot's of gigging experience. There are several professional's here and I have chosen to learn from them as well as my own real life experiences. A pro is someone that makes their living doing music full time. Do you have to be a touring professional to state facts gleaned from real life experience?

Used to play Blues harp in a band that played at nosebleed levels. Guitar player w/a 130 watt music ma and a drummer that played like animal from the Muppets. If those are the kind of gigs you play, then yes, you need loud & multiple wedges. This is the Acoustic amplification section isn't it? You need multiple floor wedges for acoustic performing? Pure BS.

Not starting drama either. Jpino chimed in with the adversarial tone, as have you. Those that yell the loudest about being pro's rarely are and most don't even have the balls to play live. You may find my skill amateurish, and perhaps it is - but it was enough to play nearly 100 gigs in 2019 and get paid doing it.

Monitor use is as much about proximity, speaker size and efficiency and dispersion as wattage.

Ibanez, Recording King, Gretsch, Martin
G&L, Squier, Orange (x 2),
Bugera, JBL, Soundcraft

Our duo website - UPDATED 7/26/19