View Single Post
Old 08-01-2021, 05:46 AM

I played two gigs this weekend with the Squier. It was kind of liberating to not care a bit if the guitar was perspired on, dinged, or even stolen (there was a sketchy character behind the "stage" when we were setting up...). No one noticed I was playing probably the cheapest possible guitar short of brand X.

So exciting that I ordered another in matching green (my partner's American Performer Mustang Bass and looking over at his bass I noticed a tool mark by the tuning machines a bit more noticeable than the tool mark in my Squier!). I plan to make only modest changes to it (move the pickup selector output to the volume hot and move the tone control to bridge pickup only).

So here is the new pickguard to be installed shortly. Two brand X alnico vintage output covered humbuckers (the impedance buzzed out correctly) with two volume controls and a switchcraft selector switch. I'm a bit concerned the Squier will need some routing for all of this to fit... I ordered the pickguard with the wrong PUP holes and had to file them out square to accept the chrome covers.

IR Demo, read the description too: https://youtu.be/SELEE4yugjE
My duo's website and my email... [email protected]

Jon Fields

Last edited by jonfields45; 08-01-2021 at 05:59 AM.