View Single Post
Old 07-09-2019, 11:23 AM

Maybe I need to revisit the compressor at some point. I had a MXR Dyna Comp at one point but felt it wasn't adding anything worthwhile to my little available board space. In fact I never really liked what I was hearing when using it compared to my signal without it, but I may not have been fully appreciating what it was actually doing for me.

I'm curious how many of you run pedals simultaneously. I had a Xotics AC booster when I was playing through my Fender Bassman but when I got a new amp and was able to get different tones I sold it. But when I had it, I kept it on always except for the rare super clean tone. I used it to just add a tad of dirt to my clean sounds so it wasn't so "ice picky" when playing my clean reggae guitar.
But besides that one Xotics pedal, I find that I pretty much never run pedals simultaneously. It's probably just the pedals I have, but I only use them one at a time to get the sound I want from them.

I'd say 80% of the time my sound is my guitar and amp only. The other 20% is when I use either my wah, envelope filter, phaser, B9 and now Electric Mistress. I have a Boss delay at the end but find I rarely use it. I use a tad bit of reverb from my amp. And my amp has plenty of dirt for those tones.