View Single Post
Old 09-22-2019, 11:42 AM

Default Installing Tuners

hi folks. new member.

i'm playing a farida M-15E (essentially the same design as an M2, but in mahogany w/ electronics). i'm looking to install a set of waverley tuners of similar design to the grover modification the user in this post has carried out.

aside basic maintenance & repair, i've not carried out any modifications to a guitar before, and i'd just like to be cautious. i'm confident i can do it, though i'm not sure how best to go about it. what size drill bit will i need for the new pilot holes? what other tools should i expect to use? i've measured the specs of the new tuners and they ought to fit accordingly. is there any other work i should expect to carry out? i can't find a video guide for installing tuners on a slotted headstock like this anywhere.

the tuners are identical to grover h97, seen here on stewmac

as far as other mods, i've already buffed the finish of my M-15E down to a semi-gloss. i used Meguiars Scratch X and it came up a real treat - i couldn't stand the feel of satin. i'm so happy with this guitar, and i'm sure upgrading tuners from the cheapo plastic classical kind fitted will prove worthwhile.

i'll post some photos tomorrow. thanks and hello!

Last edited by cryingnook; 09-22-2019 at 02:30 PM. Reason: Edited