View Single Post
Old 01-14-2019, 12:49 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erithon View Post
Intriguing and enticing!
That's the Swiss top I tapped alongside the Cedars, right? It was just as you describe, and nearly persuaded me to leave the Cedar train.
Yes, that is the same Swiss Spruce top. It would serve well as the poster child for not defining the characteristics of a top tonewood by it’s species!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamianL View Post
A great idea!
I am sure there’s a lot of folks like me who would love to have a look around the wood stash and dream about having a new custom build, but who don’t want to be annoying tyre-kickers when luthiers are busy.
But I also know that the more I see the wood, the more I think of turning that dream into reality!
Sorting through a wood stash and dreaming certainly is addictive. I do find the familiarity gained helps inform me when I am purchasing additional woods. Very often I’ll see an available top and just know what back set I’d like to put that on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikealpine View Post
Yup, another Hatcher thread I will follow with great interest!
Thanks Mike! I’ll have a real variety some of which may peak your interest!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitars44me View Post
What a thrill ride this will be! Holy Smokes, what a wood combo...
I am a Cedar fan, and love good Mahogany too. You hooked me at the start.
Thanks for sharing and may they all get to happy new owners and be making music ASAP
Cheers
Paul
Thanks for following along Paul!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymarsch View Post
What a great idea - informative and fun to follow. Thanks, Mark.
Best,
Jayne
Thanks Jayne, I always have ideas about what and why a particular top should go with a given back and side set. There are some pairs that I have pretty well locked and I thought I’d share my thinking. Very often I have clients that want to be sure I am excited about what we are building so I thought maybe I should just put my favorites list out there.

"A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking".
Steven Wright