View Single Post
Old 02-23-2020, 05:57 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevWind View Post
Interesting. No wonder it took a while to figure out, good job . I guess I am spoiled a bit with PT, because you don't have set up anything, other than list/name of the HW units in the "Insert" tab in the I/O, so it shows as an I/O selection when you click a tracks insert button. It could be that because I also use an Avid interface but I actually use the same I/O channel numbers for the Inputs Tab and the Outputs Tab. Which is nice for keeping multiple HW inserts respective physical channels organized. In my set up 3-4 is the Compressor and 5-6 is the Reverb

This isn't a Logic thing, at least to the extent I understand what's being done here (I don't have an Apollo Twin). I use the Apogee Ensemble for my interface, and my outboard reverb is just attached to an output channel and corresponding inputs. So in Logic, I just route my reverb send to channel 13 (what I used for the reverb). I always use "parallel" for reverbs, so I can send different amounts per channel, plus it just feels right to keep extra stuff out of the direct path.