View Single Post
Old 03-23-2023, 04:19 PM
Charter Member

Perhaps I'm just talking to myself (it happens, a lot) but I figure there are at least some of you carbonistas, or carbonaras, that have Journey CF guitars and may have some interest in their latest FF660 model. It's the one that's bigger than the OF660 (14.5" lower bout vs 12.5"). So it's more like an X7 in size. Still has the detachable neck that the OF660 has, which means it's great for travel.

But the FF660 is still fairly new, with not many reviews online. So I called Journey and asked them about it. Spoke with a guy named James who was really helpful and enthusiastic about his work, which I appreciate. I was curious how the FF compares to their Road Trip model, the RT660 since they're about the same size. James said they've spent quite a bit of time developing the FF, improving the sound, without going into all the details of course. One obvious thing is the placement and shape of the sound hole. So its not just a remake of the RT.

I was also curious how the FF compares to the OF660, which I have. I love the sound the OF, but there are times when it'd be nice to have more volume. James said the FF is considerably louder than the OF.

I'm still looking for the perfect travel guitar. My Furch Little Jane is pretty close, but it's wood, so you know, not the best for travel. The FF might be worth a shot.

cf1.jpg