View Single Post
Old 04-27-2022, 08:37 AM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jricc View Post
First, thanks for being a forum sponsor Simon.

Congratulations on your company and new guitar, it looks great. It's good to have another option in the carbon fiber market.

I am always thinking ahead when purchasing a new instrument in terms of repairs. My question is will there be a way to repair the pickup in the event it stops working? Can you get inside the guitar?

Wish you and your company.well.
Thanks so much, Joe!

I was able to wire the fishman pickup in ok, including the under-saddle, the controls, the pre-amp (which is mounted to the output jack) and the battery.

That being said; I personally prefer an externally accessible battery. Adding this would make it easier to change the batter (vs the Velcro pouch inside) but also give an extra access point at the bottom to join the wires.

I just couldn't find a nice discrete battery box in time (however have since designed my own that I may add to this guitar). :P

As a whole, access is restricted; but very possible (well; if you have small nimble hands like I do!).

Thanks for your question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerbie View Post
Welcome Simon,

It has been my pleasure to chat with you recently and I hope you thoroughly enjoy the AGF... again!

Congratulations on all the things you've been doing lately... very impressive. I look forward to learning more about your products. Thank you for your sponsorship of the forum.
Thanks so much for your help, Kerbie! Thanks for having me... again

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Eastwood View Post
It’s excellent to see you back in action, Simon.

The more viable makers there are in the CF world, the better it is for all. Looking forward to seeing your designs progress, and how you will differentiate yourself from the rest of the market - also where you land for pricing.

It’s going to be fun to watch this venture progress - I think you’re incredibly brave undertaking such a thing!
The more the merrier!

Pricing is a little tricky at the moment; with everything that's going on in the world, material prices are fluctuating weekly. Another issue is that carbon fibre suppliers are very much geared for large bulk orders; smaller quantities can cost a whole lot more per meter. The carbon I use has a relatively short shelf life; and has to be kept frozen until used. I will likely look at making small batch runs for this reason and to try and keep the prices competitive.

My supplier actually supplies all of the British F1 teams the same stuff, and the price goes up in the pre-season development! :P

It has been a scary venture; but I'm excited to be at this stage and look forward to sharing more Thanks again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelvibe View Post
Very cool Simon. Looking forward to seeing your contributions in the world of carbon fiber instrument building!
Thanks so much!

Last edited by Simon@Caulfield; 04-27-2022 at 08:43 AM.