View Single Post
Old 01-16-2019, 01:36 PM

Hello there,

yes I agree a nice set of strings will really make this guitar sound great, Initially it was installed phosphor bronze d'addario strings, I just changed to SP MS3100, the bass sounds a little more refined than with the d'addario.

You probably did get it not too long after I did a trade in, did you get the case as well? I really didn't play it much because I got an OM-28 (well that guitar is gone too, I really play more electric ended up getting made to measure les paul but i'm trying to sell).

I purchased that sigma in Canada, some town in Ontario forgot the name of the shop. Last week I got the kindred from a place in PA, and a nice case on amazon warehouse deals too, came in the same day so i was happy....it fits my needs to playing acoustic. It came in with a nice setup from those guys but in the near future i'll bring it to the American guitar museum...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
Only on AGF!

Like you said, it's a wonderful guitar but it needs the right strings. For me, that's D'Addario Nicol Bronze or DR Sunbeams. With some others, it's just too much. With Martin Retro's my ears were bleeding!

I must have stopped into GC right after you because I had to wait the full 14-day waiting time. To me, it has more Martin tone than any other Martin copy. It looked like you never played it. Not even a fingerprint on it. Original strings? Plastic still on the pick-guard.

It's a wonderful guitar. Where did you get it? How did it end up on Long Island?