View Single Post
Old 03-10-2024, 01:20 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zandit75 View Post
Interesting designs.
The basic design of the top bracing reminds me of Falcate Bracing as far as the placement of the braces. They are obviously not curved, but follow similar pathways. Trevor Gore's scientific approach has yielded a similar design.
Thanks for commenting. I've seen Trevor's designs and they have indeed influenced many and they do share some fan-ness design with Klein and Kauffman. However, I'm thinking things will depart from the norm when I receive the next update from Steve assuming the "flying" brace is next.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcn View Post
This is really cool, Dan. I've never seen one of these guitars in person, really looking forward to following along.
I'm glad you're following Diogo. We're just getting started!

I would love to hear you play it some day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomB'sox View Post
This brings up an interesting question, will this be ready for B.I.G. in Sept., if so would you even think about bringing it?
I would have to believe that it will be ready in a few months. I just found out that I will be traveling abroad and getting back to town hopefully the day before your shindig. I'm still planning on making it, but I also wanted to bring my student-built Kinnaird and thought about bringing my Aboudib just because it is spectacular and it will help support Michel. I could be coerced into bringing this guitar instead, but either way I'd only carry one on the plane and the other I'd have to ship. I don't think I want to ship two though. I suppose I could, but if I brought too many, my wife might just make me move in with you! We'll see how it goes when the time comes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norsepicker View Post
Just curious, a builder named Jason Harshbarger built in the Klein style and actually collaborated with Klein and Kaufman on guitar sold on the Dream Guitar site. He was initially an accomplished mandolin maker and I managed to acquire one of his mandolins, and on the basis of the excellence of that instrument bought a used Orenda, an guitar he called his most innovative and one that has a lot of features in common with the guitar pictured here. His website has been dormant for some time and I just wondered if anyone knows what he's up to. I love the guitar, especially for playing Piedmont blues and I'e be very interested to know what he's doing now.
Hmm. Interesting. I'll try to remember to ask Steve if he knows and report back. Thanks for following.