View Single Post
Old 02-20-2017, 05:39 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowie View Post
That seems kind of odd. I've done plenty of paid gigs and have never seen gear questions as being harassing. We're all grown folks and can be brief, walk off stage or behind an amp if needed. I don't see any reason that fans should choose to must themselves. After all, the musician is at work and should conduct himself that way. Being brief is fine. It's not like you're knocking on his door at home.
I'm not saying that it's harassing, didn't use that word. I'm use to it, most nights I happy to engage, it starts off w/ a question about my stuff and it can be pleasant, we have a tip jar, kinda counter productive to cop an attitude w/ folks.

I'm talking about the personality type that goes on and on, on my job it's about gear or who they know or what they can do for you or can they sit in on harmonica.

It's always nice when folks like what they hear and tell you, we get a lot of that, it's just fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toby Walker View Post
Someone on this thread, another professional musician, said that he dislikes when someone comes up to him during a break to talk about gear. He went as far as to say... "Don't be that guy." My goodness. That, along with the musician that treated you so rudely, is simply uncalled for.
Please see above. Being nice is part of the job.

Last edited by stephenT; 02-21-2017 at 09:44 AM.