View Single Post
Old 05-27-2017, 07:27 AM
Charter Member

Thanks for the further opinions. I have no plans to add another guitar, just curious about why the Takamine's seem to always be favored for stage use.

I actually do have another guitar on order to compliment the one I have. It's an Emerald X20 carbon fiber. I've owned one before and it was very good for my style of playing sound-wise so that might help. I wonder who the X20 with it's offset sound hole responds to stage use. I might do a post on that in the Carbon Fiber sub-forum. This one will also have a K&K in it.

I've got a LR Baggs Para DI inbound so I'll give that a try and be sure to not dial out the mids. To answer the questions posed about my amplifier, currently it's a Carvin AG200 with is more PA-like (some refer to it accurately as more of a half PA) than a normal acoustic amplifier. Amps before that were a Genz Benz Shenandoah, and the Fishman SA220 and also the Loudbox Mini and Artist.

We'll hit one of the open mics Sunday and I'll try the little belt clip K&K this time only dialing up the treble a bit while leaving the mids and bass flat and let the sound guy dial back (or up) as needed. I've also got a Red Eye I'll start taking and if they have an XLR with phantom power I might try that as that has a treble boost to it. That might work better with the place that has the higher-end equipment and pro-sound guy anyway.

I'll also be auditioning the new sound hole cover I just got in so that should help with some feedback issues with this small and resonant guitar. I'll report back how it goes.