View Single Post
Old 05-04-2016, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R. Rogers View Post
I really suggest finding a way to put one of these guitars in your hands before you make a decision. Maybe find a dealer with an evaluation period? Rainsong is making a beautiful guitar and has a certain level of maturity in this industry, and they are delivering excellent, well-conceived instruments right out of the box. The electronics work well, the integrated tuner is great and I'm pretty sure it can be had without electronics also. There are so many miles on my Rainsong P12's... I have both the steel string and nylon versions and wouldn't hesitate to recommend this guitar. It would be great if Rainsong shipped these little guitars with a cool custom gig bag but there are aftermarket options that work fine.

Emerald makes a near-full-scale X5 travel guitar that's about the size and weight of a tennis racket, includes B-band electronics with tuner and comes with a good custom travel bag/backpack. The whole package is so light you'll forget it's on your back and it stows easily in an airplane overhead. I've taken mine around the world.

I've only seen the McPherson once and got to handle it but not play it.

JR
Hi JerryM,

JR kindly mentioned our X5 travel guitar to you. Like JR, many of our customers have taken the X5 to some incredible places. Our friend JP has recently taken the X5 to Antarctica and is currently in the Arctic Circle with it.

We are currently finalising the logistics, but we will soon be rolling out a new home trial programme across the United States where participants will be able to choose from a number of our models (including the X5 and the slightly bigger X7) to trial the model of their choice in the comfort of their own home for a full week. Although we have yet to officially announce the HTP in an independent thread, we have already been taking names of people interested in the programme.

If this sounds of interest to you, you are more than welcome to send us an email to [email protected] and we will add you to the list of those interested in participating.

Best Wishes

Sean @ Emerald Guitars HQ