View Single Post
Old 03-28-2020, 09:47 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarLuva View Post
Having James on is a great idea. Tonedexter has been a game changer for most of us. Pretty excited for the firmware update that will allow gain adjustment for your wavemaps.

If you're looking for some questions to ask him I have one. I'm wondering if they plan on (in a future firmware update) allowing us to manipulate our wavemaps created by Tonedexter from a PC. I'll explain further. Right now if you export your wavemaps from Tonedexter to your pc they're basically for backup purposes only. They export as a .wm file. I'm assuming that this is their own exclusive file type. I tried all my audio software programs to open it and none worked. I have one guitar with a wolf note that amplifies badly. With Jonfields IR, I was able to add my own notch filter to the IR which eliminates it completely. It would be nice to be able to do this with Tonedexter wavemaps as well. Yes I can notch it out after the fact but not having to do that would be even better. Yes I've been spoiled!

Ken, congratulations on winning the t-shirt and thanks for the info I had no idea those existed. I'm not big on necks that are too thin either so I can understand why they opted to change it. Now if they offered something in between the 2 profiles that would be great.
Absolutely, something in between would be great! I wish guitar companies, when looking to develop a new neck-profile, would look at and feel Taylor and Gibson necks and try to model their neck profiles similar to those. Martin also has some nice neck profiles from which to choose.

Years ago, I bought a black RainSong T-shirt and still have it, so along with the new one that's coming, all I need now is a new RainSong guitar!
Ovation Custom Legend LX
Guild F-212XL STD
Huss & Dalton TD-R
Taylor 717e
Taylor 618e
Taylor 614ce
Larrivee D-50M/HiFi
Larrivee D-40R Blue Grass Special/HiFi
Larrivee D-40R Sunburst
Larrivee C-03R TE/Trance M-VT Phantom
RainSong BI-DR1000N2
Emerald X20
Yamaha FGX5
Republic Duolian/Schatten NR-2

Last edited by SpruceTop; 03-28-2020 at 09:58 AM.