View Single Post
Old 03-28-2020, 09:09 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarLuva View Post
Aaron, first time I seen you in this neck of the woods, welcome! I missed the live stream due to work but I did watch the full video last night and enjoyed it. I used to own a BI-WS1000N2 a few years ago. The guitar looked amazing and the body was quite nice, reminded me of a grand auditorium. The only reason I parted with it is because of the N2 neck at all. I just couldn't bond with that neck. This topic does come up from time to time in this subforum and many others feel the same way and there are others who have no issues with it. After watching the video, hearing what he said regarding the original N1 neck and how people complained it was too thin (I never tried an N1 neck) and they listened to customer feedback and redesigned it I feel they went dramatically the other way. I'm mentioning this not to knock Rainsong or cause a ruckus on here it's because I like the direction that the company is going, especially with the vintage models, but I will never buy another N2 neck guitar. Maybe if Rainsong had a presence here on this subforum they could get some feedback regarding the neck and redesign it. Maybe a size in between the N1 and N2 neck? I really do think they could increase sales with a different neck. This is just an opinion from someone who would like to have a Rainsong in their collection!
If you want to experience a truly thin front-to-back, RainSong neck profile, try to find a Korean-made RainSong Advanced A-WS1000 that was marketed circa 2006 to 2008. Before I bought my first real RainSong, a WS1000 Classic Series model, I bought two of the lower-cost Advanced A-WS1000 models back in 2006, both new, one after the other, and returned them both to my local dealer during my trial period. The necks were so thin that it was difficult for me to exert a decent amount of pressure when forming barre chords. The Advanced A-WS1000 models sounded darn good, though!

Here's a review from January 2008: RainSong Guitars Review - Compare the Classic WS1000 and Advanced A-WS1000
Ovation Custom Legend LX
Guild F-212XL STD
Huss & Dalton TD-R
Taylor 717e
Taylor 618e
Taylor 614ce
Larrivee D-50M/HiFi
Larrivee D-40R Blue Grass Special/HiFi
Larrivee D-40R Sunburst
Larrivee C-03R TE/Trance M-VT Phantom
RainSong BI-DR1000N2
Emerald X20