View Single Post
Old 01-19-2019, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jseth View Post
Yes, I've played through one a bit... Bullfrog Music, here in Corvallis, started getting them last Autumn. I was so impressed by the features and price that I even wrote a thread about the amp on this site.

I have only played guitar through the Stageman, and not at "performing" volumes. I have yet to play and sing through it at the same time, like I would do were I playing a solo gig in a smallish venue.

The features are very cool; I'm not a Bluetooth guy, but I love the wireless pedal board to control the chorus, reverb and the looper function. I don't know how viable the looper would be for an actual gigging situation, but it's a gas to mess around with!

Thus far, I think Bullfrog has received 5 of the units in total. The first one was sold fairly quickly; the second unit that he received basically "melted down", stopped working, everything dead - with no signal going through it, shortly after unpacking it from the box it was shipped in... all the others have performed correctly without any problems. I have not heard from Kurt (the owner) about anyone having any problems with the ones he's sold - and I WOULD hear about it, both as a friend and a player.

Hard to beat the price, eh? Less than a Loudbox-Mini, FAR less than my AER Compact 60 or one of the Schertler amps...
I have to say the fascination with Bluetooth completely escapes me. But it is a hot button so I can see why they figured out a way to include some kind of Bluetooth function. It would be interesting to hear some gig use results for the NUX.

I would like to see a forward leaning company like NUX give this niche a run for the money.

hunter