View Single Post
Old 03-10-2021, 09:37 PM
Charter Member

Default Brook!

In my humble opinion Brook Guitars are severely underrated, not sure why. The build quality, consistency and tone are all right up there with some of the very best. Seriously. And the price, omg.

I can still remember the entire experience of my first custom guitar - it was 18 years ago and I was a poor student in London then! But when I played a Brook in a dealer's basement on Oxford Street (Ivor Mairants I think its called) I knew I had to drive to Exeter to visit Andy and Simon! I chose a set of Mastergrade European Spruce and a set of European Flamed Maple and told Simon please, I do not have enough money to commission an instrument now but mark my words I will be back to claim these woods. I was into buying and selling guitars and I set myself a target to earn enough profit to get myself a Brook before I graduated and was over the moon when I called Simon and told him "I'm ready". I received the completed guitar 1 week before I left London for good!

Congratulations on your retirement and also on the acquisition of a great instrument! Very very nice combination of woods on your guitar.