View Single Post
Old 06-19-2010, 12:27 PM
Formerly Yamaha Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwakatak View Post
OK, I'm confused. You're just talking about the saddle right and not the bridge itself? I hope the bridge didn't split on you. That'd really suck!

Now if the bridge is on OK then did you do the straight-edge check?

The neck looks good - I love the volute - but I'm gonna have to look back in the thread to see how much work you put into it. What kind of tuning machines are they? Waverly or Grover Sta-Tites?

Sorry if I'm nit-picking here. I'm actually really inspired - though I'm too lazy to do it myself. I can't wait until I see it at the jam.
Between snaps right now.
Bridge is not on yet. I was fitting the saddle and it was too snug. I snapped the saddle. The Bridge came off the shelf. The neck was a Martin second. It already had on the headplate. I am 90% sure its a Cedar neck. My next build already has a big block of Mahogany waiting for me.
Grovers. Drilling a neck I have 30+ hours into (remember I had to create a new angle because of the body being um....backwards) was scary. I have the whole "rest of the story" typed, just not corrected. Lots of pictures.
With the bridge just siting there I am a hair high. But that was before fret leveling. It should dial in perfect.