View Single Post
Old 05-22-2019, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroUSA View Post
Sorry Dave but I disagree and you know how fussy I am about this stuff. I also feel this pickup is WAY underrated and some people don’t give it a chance to dial it in. I have a couple of minor eq cuts and run the Enhance on maximum. It really is my favorite system at the moment.
I think it's underrated because it's a pickup that's specific to Martin guitars. I personally will never buy an acoustic just for the pickup. I feel like a lot of people are the same so it probably isn't as tested as other systems.

With that said, I have never noticed any tonal change with the Matrix UST. However, I do remember reading reports of the Matrix Infinity Mic Blend being fairly heavy and dampening the tone of the guitar. Considering the Aura Enhance has just as much stuff in the guitar, I would expect a bit of tonal change. Just to clarify though, isn't it difficult to hear a change when the guitar comes with the pickup already installed? I would think you would need a before and after.

On a side note, I had a Matrix mic blend in my guitar for years. When I removed it, I actually missed the unplugged tone I had with the Fishman system. Sometimes a UST or a more dampening pickup can have positive impacts.