View Single Post
Old 08-08-2016, 07:38 AM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Scott View Post
Three years ago when looking for a contractor to do a gut renovation on our kitchen, we met a local guy who has good credentials and the couple of houses we checked out of his work looked great. We went to his office to discuss out plans and desires, and he goes back to an architects drawing board to make sketches of the potential layout for out kitchen. He does not use any modern software drawing programs which is fine by me. He said the Amish builders have all the fancy computer stuff!!!

When the stone guy that came out to take measurements of the new base cabinets for the soapstone counters and backsplashes we were getting, we assumed he'd bring a laser guided system on a tripod to do the precise high tech way of plotting and measuring the countertops as that is what they do these day. No, he brought a tape measure, a legal pad and a pencil! In the end, the counters fit perfectly, even the various radii around the large farmhouse sink. Every corner, nook, and cranny fit perfectly up against the different cabinet configurations we had. No computers! Just, good old craftspeople who know how to do things with simple tools, and not a computer in sight.
Thanks for sharing that!

It's not that I'm against computers but, I am for using the best tool for the job which often isn't a computer, at least for me.

Mark

"A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking".
Steven Wright