View Single Post
Old 01-30-2015, 09:43 PM
Charter Member

Location: Carson City, Nv (Want a jackrabbit? We've got extras!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sperry View Post
GREAT series of pictures and explanation of progress! I love this stuff!!!
Thank you. I do, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sperry View Post
The 00-14 long scale is a nice design. IMHO it is widely overlooked by players who think they need a short scale to play the way they think they can. The smaller body moves the guitar in their grasp, and it's a whole new ball game. Takes an open mind to discover this, though.
With the long scale it is like a mini OM. So IMHO quite different than with a short scale. Larry has built a couple of these in the last two years, both long scale, both Adi over mahogany. The first was very similar sounding to my Adi/mahog OM. It had all the robust playing qualities of my OM, with just a bit less rumble and a bit more midrange punch. He varied the size of the soundhole for the second one to give it a bit more midrange spank. It was cool, but I prefer the fuller sounding version. It's an OM that tucks under the arm just a bit more.

In the night you hide from the madman
You're longing to be
But it all comes out on the inside
Eventually