View Single Post
Old 12-08-2017, 09:08 AM
Anticipation Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl49 View Post
Sorry to see that you've posted this beauty "for sale", Tom. I recall how excited you were to finally get it a while back. But I understand. GLWS (good luck with sale). For that price, getting some awesome cocobolo top veneer AND both the gig bag and custom hard case is a pretty good deal, IMO.

Except for those rare who have tried a Chimaera, I had the March 2017 special edition for a week. Although I ultimately returned -- after considerable agonizing -- it because of some unique (to me) physical issues, it was an awesome guitar all around. It is far more comfortable to hold and play than the raw dimensions might suggest. I was so impressed by that Chimaera that I ended up ordering an X20-12, which is basically the twelve string side of this guitar on a slightly narrower body.
Thanks for your remarks, Earl.

The Chimaera offers a fun-factor and challenge that most players would enjoy. It’s not a novelty. It’s a serious, quality instrument that if one can appreciate, is very satisfying. Also, it is not a beast of a guitar...it’s ergonomics make it very comfortable and low-profile. I’ve had 5 years with three iterations of the Chimaera, again, this coco version being the best. The thing is, my GAS is taking me in another direction and this one guitar will generate the funds to allow me to get on with it.

If you’re on the fence about a guitar like this...be adventurous!