View Single Post
Old 11-30-2017, 03:57 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HNS View Post

iim7V7IM7: "Dynamics and responsiveness can come at the expense of headroom. Bass can come at the expense of balance in timbre"... you're absolutely right. I need it to be a versatile well-balaced guitar, not a one trick pony. How would you describe Chasson guitar tone?

Can the adjustable neck and the carbon fiber be made in one guitar? I wonder how responsive it would be.

I play fingerstyle with the flesh, so I like a higher and quicker attack to compensate the lack of nails and a relatively more dynamic response for the same reason. Often I use a pick as well, and sometimes I dig in a bit. SO a little bit of headroom is useful.
I asked Kent to make a responsive, balanced sounding guitar with ample headroom for a player who plays with a thick plectrum and can dig in as well as using my fingers with a lighter attack. I wanted strong fundamentals with some supportive overtones and sustain. I play mostly solo jazz chord melody. He gave me exactly what I was seeking. Telling you how the guitar sounds specifically is difficult, because the same words mean different things to different people. I could wax poetic, but to what end?

Kent (and other experienced luthiers) can adjust their “systems” to address your desire for a faster attack by choice of top wood, bracing, body size/depth and tonewood. Headroom again can be addressed by scale length, top wood selection, plate thickness and bracing etc.

Hope that helps...