View Single Post
Old 11-05-2017, 11:37 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne8 View Post
I'm having a Trinity installed in a guitar. I have that system in other guitars, using K&K's belt pack blender. I also have a Raven Labs PMB I got to use instead because of the ability to run it without a battery and the ease in adjusting the EQ for different guitars. The paperwork that came with the new Trinity warns that it won't work with anything but K&K's blenders and could actually destroy the mic if you do. I've searched the forum here and read every post about that very issue but can't find the answer to my question.

My question is, since the Trinity mic requires 9 volts and the PMB phantom output is 9 volts, will the PMB work? If the only answer is to try it and see, can you tell me whether it will destroy the mic if it doesn't work?

Oh, and one other thing, using the AC adapter on the PMB, Raven's manual says will provide 'slightly higher than 9 volts', while using a battery in the PMB will provide only 9 volts.

Thanks.
K&K is sparse with specs. However, its specs for the Quantum Blender (still being made) states it provides 9v for the internal mic circuit. On the other hand, the Silver Bullet preamp provides 5v for K&Ks Silver Bullet mic (which is the same mic that comes with the K&K Trinity system).

I would call K&K and ask a few questions, such as:

1) What is the DC voltage operating range for the Trinity internal microphone?

2) Does it matter which brand product provides that voltage?

3) Will a 9v DC voltage harm the K&K Trinity mic?