Thread: Awaiting...
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2018, 09:12 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post

We have always considered our RVs as a space for the 2 of us. A comfortable bed for two, with space to get around the bed and make it. A bathroom that has enough room to do your business and take a comfortable shower (and room for linens). Comfortable places to sit when you are parked. If you aren't just weekend camping, you need living space inside any RV.

Another thing we've learned with all this: some people aren't cut out for RV travel. Too much togetherness doesn't work for everyone, especially when you are living compact. We enjoy this lifestyle, but it can also be some work, especially the moving-in and moving-out stuff.

Whew - that got windier than I thought. It is a big investment. Drop me a note or give me a call when you get close and we'll talk more. Hope that helps.

Best wishes,
Jim
Great info, Jim - thanks. The above two graphs were standouts. We have gone to a bunch of dealerships and just done walkthroughs of the various Class A, B, C offerings. We don't plan to travel with more than just the two of us. Not even any pets. It's all still very early in the planning stages. Not even planning but more consideration stage. I've frequented a few RV forums and lots of good info there as well. A few people recommended renting some RV's for some trips to see what works for you. Make sure it's really for you. I like that idea as well.

By the time we are in a position to be able to actually do it (retirement, still several years away) we might not be riding that much by then anyway. Who knows? But it just seemed like a better alternative to both of us than to sell everything and move south to a fixed location that you might have to abandon a couple times a year due to weather! Besides, there's a lot of places I'd like to see around the country still. Living on a boat always sounded romantic and fun but the wife has never been too keen on that.

Thanks again for the insights.