View Single Post
Old 01-15-2019, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triumph1050 View Post
I have diabetes and my hands are extremely dry and have reduced feeling and when I really get playing I tend to drop my pick.
I have the exact same issue. Take care of yourself.

Quote:
Also, is there anything that works that actually goes all the way around my thumb or my forefinger kind of like a fingerpicking set up...but I want to be able to strum like with a normal pic...so those are too thick.
Herco and Goat Whiskey both make flatpicks that are shaped like a standard pick but have a wraparound that goes around your thumb to keep it from falling, slipping or flying out of your fingers.

I recently got some of the Hercos and still need to experiment further. It is an odd sensation and will require getting used to...possibly a change in technique, at least for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodallboy View Post
...Or just buy a V-Pick and stop dropping your pick.
These really are great picks. I have two, both insanely thick rounded triangle shapes. They are acrylic I believe and look like they would slide around all over the place, but even though they have smooth surfaces they really stay put better than about anything else I've tried.

I've tried many dozens of different picks, but not nearly as many varieties and brands as are available of course.

Best of luck to you.

- John Shedd