View Single Post
Old 12-25-2018, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackB1 View Post
Those soundcraft mixers look nice but are a little more than I want to spend right now. I just need something simple so I can accept one or 2 more mics and a couple more instruments. Lets say I have 2 people singing and 2 guitars...how would I hook all that up with the Fishman system and a small mixer?
What is your budget?

I got my EFX8 used for $250 shipped and it was in brand new condition. Any mixer with decent pre's and mid sweeps will be at least that much. Search for used deals in your area and online.

Quote:
What are "pan" controls? Is that just a right or left balance? Why would they be set incorrectly?
Definitely find a sound guy and buy him a few beers to show you how to properly run your gear. It will be worth it.

Quote:
So you are saying to combine both L & R channel outputs from the mixer into one?
Absolutely not. Just use either the right or the left. You have one SA220, so you're only running mono anyway.

Quote:
basically just use the Fishman as a speaker?
Yes

Quote:
That would be fine as long as the mixer has effects like reverb built in.
Yes. Many do have that capability.

Quote:
Ideally I would like to keep things simple and just add the capability of 2 or 3 more inputs to the Fishman.
Get a mixer with Mid Sweeps, FX, and at least 4 (preferably 8) XLR channels. You'll need more channels at some point. The EFX8 is about as compact as it gets for a small format analog mixer and it has 8 XLR channels. I'd say to up your budget a little and look for a used deal on one.

Based on your questions, I can't stress finding a local sound guy to help you get started, enough. It will help you immensely and you can get some hands on experience in a real world situation.

Not judging, just trying to get you the best possible outcome in the least amount of time.

Last edited by The Kid!; 12-25-2018 at 01:51 PM.