View Single Post
Old 10-21-2017, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by philjs View Post
Thanks, Gregg. My take on the levers, based on the photos, was that the nut pin would go to the left/up side of the tuner post. Some levers can be positioned remarkably close to the nut pins depending on whether they lift the string or push it down (there are even some that push the string to the side) so it might need some experimentation to figure out which levers to use and how closely they can be spaced with the placement of the nut pins. If the luthier is game to experiment with sharping levers then I'm ready to be a guinea pig, I guess!

Phil
That's a good idea. I forgot that the string doesn't have to be in a straight line all the way from the tuner the saddle. I'm very new to the harp guitar realm but I've certainly seen many of them that have a post to the left of the tuner.

Since the Timberline wasn't designed to have posts, Would the harp side headstock be able to handle that much lateral pressure? I don't know how many pounds of tension are on a harp string, but I would be concerned about splitting the headstock if the post has a lot of pressure on it. I see the prototype Timberline that Jamie is playing in the video I linked does have the string at quite an angle around the post. However there also seems to be some buildup of wood in that area. Definitely need the expertise of a good luthier on the installation.