View Single Post
Old 01-10-2019, 01:56 AM
Charter Member

Location: The California Central Coast, in The Heart of the Chaparral!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knives&Guitars View Post
Absolutely, I will drop by and say hello.
I have been going to NAMM off and on since the early 80's. I use to be a guitar photographer for a few companies. It is a great time to reconnect with old friends and see the latest and greatest.
NAMM is a total assault on the senses. After two or three hours your mind-body has been so bombarded by sound and new equipment that you can become a bit numb. Having an absolute plan...on what to see and hear is a must if you are survive. ha ha.
The best time to listen to Acoustic guitars is within the very first hour of opening. The acoustic section actually opens an hour earlier than the rest of NAMM. Or at least that is how it is usually run. In that hour...you can actually hear the real instrument. After that hour...quite tough as there is so much noise going on.
Look forward to meeting you Eric. Will there be any unusual-rarer Back and sides Santa Cruz Guitars at the show?

I've attended NAMM twice, and know both vendors & demo artists who make the show every year. It's one of the most incredible spectacles on earth, with hordes of celebrities, and "celebrities in waiting"! Everybody who is anybody in the music biz is there! The sheer number of instruments displayed in warehouse sized "halls" is mind boggling, and earsplitting! The DJ equipment, & live sound accessories hall brays the most high tech noises the human ear has ever heard!

The last time, I went as a music store employee. Security was tight. They checked IDs for spelling, & retail numbers, and refused entry for lots of counterfeit passes... I was by myself, so I didn't enjoy it much... The 1st time, I went as a VIP with Taylor's largest OC dealer. Then, we entered through the back door, less than 100 ft from where we were parked! That's the only way I'd go back to NAMM.....

Don