View Single Post
Old 09-24-2012, 03:10 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChunkyB View Post
That's a beautiful guitar, and it brings 2 things to mind.

First of all, that slotted headstock is the sexiest thing I've ever seen. I usually hate slotted headstocks, but that thing is beautiful. Very well done, and way to make it fit with your signature headstock look.

Second, it's a tiny bit sad that the most beautiful wood always ends up on the back of the guitar. I know that there aren't very many viable options for top wood, and most of them are pretty boring looking, but part of me wishes the audience could see the back of that guitar. It's stunning.

I know you mentioned many times that people may tire of the level of detail, and I want to chime in on the side that appreciates any level of detail you can give. I find it completely fascinating. I don't know if I'll ever build a guitar, but I definitely appreciate the amount of detail you provide. It teaches me a lot about the instruments I play, even if I never build one.
Thank-you very much ChunkyB,

I really like the way the headstock came out too. Unfortunately, I'm afraid it's a design that people seem to either love or hate. It's is the best deisign I feel I can do particularly with this Penelope model and I don't imagine ever changing it. I am however considering other head designs for my Greta and Josie models. Actually, I'm completely redesigning the Greta model and will start a new build thread on that one in a couple months.

I'm afraid I just can't seem to catch that Koa back in a picture that I think really shows if off. I've posted a couple pics but I'm still trying to find a better way to shoot that. I still have the steelstring twin to practice on, so stay tuned!

Thanks Again
Mark

"A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking".
Steven Wright