View Single Post
Old 05-30-2020, 05:10 AM
Music soothes the soul!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eire View Post
Goldfinger! Where's James Bond when you need him?!?

Delighted as all get out for Dennis, but somewhat melancholy about this thread coming to an end. What a blast.

If these many photos and descriptions don't help people appreciate all the tedious, time-consuming, intricate work that goes into constructing a hand-built guitar, then nothing will. Much thanks to Dennis for sharing his journey with us, and nothing but admiration and respect for Tim's building abilities and Mary's work behind the scenes to organize, design, assist, market and share in the success this duo has deservedly garnered over the years. <cue applause!>
As a customer, I have come to enjoy the journey on a build immensely. With Tim and Mary, sharing the way they do, this one was extra special! I too will miss the build aspect but I will so enjoy having "Slim" around to remind me. Thanks for following Kurt. Glad you enjoyed the ride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanter View Post
Congratulations cigarfan, what a beautiful guitar from top to bottom! Can't wait for the unboxing pics.

Btw, what type of Guardian case is that? I was under the impression that they only had multi-ply hardshell cases for guitars...
I'm glad this guitar is coming this time of year so I can hang it on a stand and look at it all the time. Thanks for your comments.

I'll have to let Tim answer the case question. I know they don't weigh a whole lot and are easily carried around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomB'sox View Post
It has been a long time coming Dennis and I know you are excited. I will be anxious to hear your thoughts. Great job Tim and Mary!
Thanks brother! I look forward to the day you can play it and give me your impression!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haasome View Post
That is gorgeous! That case looks great too. What brand and any comments on it?

Lucky man Dennis. Looking forward to your NGD comments.
Thanks Paul. Glad to have you follow along. The case is a Guardian fiberglass case. Tim has them custom made to fit his guitars. Strong as an ox and relatively light making for easy hauling around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
+++1,000,000
I can only imagine the anticipation you have Dennis. Congratulations!
The McKnight’s have really outdone themselves...again!
Glad to have you follow along Mike. Thanks for your comments. And I quite agree ... Tim and Mary have knocked it out of the park!