View Single Post
Old 11-14-2019, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619TF View Post
Wow Bob.. thanks for the crime class!
Many kitchens have the rest of the tools you need. True story follows.

Many years ago guessing 1990 we stopped for a swim and locked ourselves out of the car. We didn't have cel phones and foolishly had wallets in the car. The sun was going down. We thought hitch a ride to her parent's still figuring we'd be walking barefoot and in swimwear for a good distance.

A fit 5' 10" blond woman in a bikini next to a Mustang GT waving for some help got it in a hurry. Some dudes stopped. One said he was on probation so could only advise. They drove to a house near by, grabbed some home made tools, and were back at the car in maybe 15 minutes. The guy on probation's advice was good. He knew just what to do with a Ford and guided me well. A 12 pack of PBR was all they asked for so they were probably not 21. I gave them a $20 from the wallet I should not have had in the car.

My wife has never liked being gawked at and she hates abusing privilege or power but that one one stays in memory. My best hope hitching would probably have been the police stopping but mostly likely walking. I'm sure my wife's outfit bought us that luck.