View Single Post
Old 05-16-2023, 08:03 PM

OK, definitely not my favorite task. The sides are cut proud, no heroes allowed at the bandsaw, unfortunately that means the sides have to be sanded down to match the radius of the back in this nifty little jig run by human power. Good luck to you if you have a rotator cuff injury!

gb day 2 h.jpg

Here I am using a chisel to carve the back braces, I did OK, but a little nerve racking. I passed the test as no blood was drawn on mine nor anyone else's fingers or hands.

gb day 2 j.jpg

Next up was the second stage of top braces, the finger braces, the sound hole braces and a center joint reinforcement piece.

gb day 2 k.jpg

OH GUESS WHAT? There is a TOP AND A BOTTOM to a guitar, I got to do it again!!!! If I am not mistaken, over my groans of pain, I think I heard Ryan laughing.

gb day 2 l.jpg

Next up was rough cutting the peghead to size. I am being watched by Steve closely. I think I have proven myself a bit to Ryan, I had not worked with Steve too much yet, so he is paying close attention to what I am doing. I think I passed, I am pretty sure he was impressed by my one handed technique LOL!

gb day 2 m.jpg

Drilling holes for the tuners.

gb day 2 n.jpg