View Single Post
Old 06-26-2016, 08:17 AM

My first guitar neck was compression fretted. Darn frets were hard to put in, had to really bear down to get them in. Afterwards I found out frets came in different tang widths and my slots were too narrow. The wonders of learning by doing on your own. Need to go back and pull the frets and redo them, otherwise it was a nice neck. But I have no time for electrics right now, maybe that Tele I want to do though.

A little late to the party, missed a lot of the fun. Had John give me a grammar lesson, did not take it badly, he doesn't do it maliciously but helpfully. The old grey matter is kind of deteriorating (heck add body to that) and sometimes I miss things. Generally I Google a lot. Not a lot of reason someone can not get the spelling right with the tools available. Mind you posting on a phone sucks and I do make alowences for that.

Steve, I first noticed him due to some abrasive comments, 'my way is right and anyone doing it differently is wrong'. Would barely raise a hair on the back of a neck on the forum I helped mod a life ago. Where politics and other sensitive topics are not allowed here that forum was titled America, Religion, Politics, was like herding a flock of wild cats. You guys are pussycats, in a good way. Can't see anyone being banned anytime soon.

Mind you we do have pretty safe topics being that they are all guitar related. And while there might be differences of opinion on how to do something nobody knows it all and occasionally they learn something new from the other posters. A lot of helping and sharing of information goes on here. It goes to show the the quality of people on here (or the mods are doing a real good job). Makes it a pleasure to read what others are doing. And pictures are a bonus.