View Single Post
Old 04-28-2019, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulp1960 View Post
The problem hasn't gone away completely. Just google for Windows 10 audio latency problems and it is alive today as it was years ago with Win XP or Win 7.

Look at the advice for how to try to fix it: Disable wifi (really so you can't browse the internet while running in low latency mode), disable network card, disable power saving schemes for cpu throttling and USB power saving mode. Disable sleep, disable hibernate, disable your Nvidia drivers and revert to in-built motherboard graphics, disable sound effects etc.

Years ago companies like Anandtech who used to benchmark motherboards started showing the max DPC latencies of the motherboards they tested as it was such a big problem. But the problem was not the motherboards but the drivers themselves.

Years ago I read on gearslutz how some guy fixed all his audio problems by installing os-x on the machines (Hackintosh). I tried the same on my 2 pcs running Win XP at the time and managed to install OS-X Yosemite on my home built PCs. All my latency problems disappeared despite the hardware being identical. What was the difference? Apple wrote all the drivers I didn't have to install any 3rd party drivers.

This won't affect every windows PC but if unlucky you can still end up with a new PC that won't play nice and it may be unfixable.

Or just use RME interfaces made by a company that always designs the best drivers for windows, and supports it's older interfaces! You'll still have to do the basic Windows PC audio interface setup (which i would do on any computer)...

https://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare...-optimization/