Thread: Which small PA?
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2019, 04:45 PM
Charter Member

I have an L1C and use a Play Acoustic with it, with a variety of guitars. That set up is fast, easy, and reasonably light weight. It also has a small footprint, and no speaker stands to carry. I also have a Bose S1 Pro, and it is an impressive smaller alternative... but, by the time you put it up on a speaker stand, you have negated the "small PA" advantage over the L1C.

For full disclosure, I also use the guitar and mic into the Play Acoustic, into the S1, and then a line out from that into the L1C. The S1 has a nice reverb, the L1C doesn't. But, using the Play Acoustic, you have a variety of reverbs to select from. If I'm looking for fast, easy, and light, for a small situation, the S1 handles it. Need more reach, the L1C. Need a bit more, or have a space that could benefit from sound going wider (or different directions) - use the two together.

I see Bose is running their "twice a year" price reduction on the L1C right now.

Some of the reviews on other line arrays compare themselves to the various Bose units - I prefer to stay with what works; been using the L1C for about 8 years now. Good luck with the decisions.