View Single Post
Old 04-17-2018, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzy the dog View Post
I don't come from a musical family......... but my kids do.
Neither of my parents or any of my grandparents sang or played anything None of them listened much to music either. I had an aunt who, played piano, they say. Another one played Joann Castle style ragtime. A cousin is a whiz on ragtime and tunes and restores pianos as well. And a second cousin played for the silent movies and also played that fast ragtime.

My kids were definitely exposed to music and encouraged in a greater way than I was, but none have carried it very far. One daughter (#2) has the talent that the rest of us lack (including me) but at this time in her life is focused on career and family and is not pursuing any of the arts she is good at. Another daughter (#1) just bought a keyboard, which is saying something as her lifestyle is pretty nomadic. Son #1 can play a little guitar and accordion, but mostly doesn't. Neither he or my #1 daughter can sing worth beans. They got that from me, or so I joke (daughter #1 is not related to me by blood!).

Me, what I have accomplished is a result of practice and an abiding love of music. Nothing was natural or came easy - but it came. I have always been respectful and envious of musical families and natural talent. Cherish it if you have it.

Fay OM Sinker Redwood/Tiger Myrtle
Sexauer L00 Adk/Magnolia For Sale
Hatcher Jumbo Bearclaw/"Bacon" Padauk
Goodall Jumbo POC/flamed Mahogany
Appollonio 12 POC/Myrtle
MJ Franks Resonator, all Australian Blackwood
Blackbird "Lucky 13" - carbon fiber
'31 National Duolian
+ many other stringed instruments.