View Single Post
Old 12-06-2017, 12:21 PM
Charter Member

I have to say, I'm not a fan of this change either and was considering boycotting any future K&K purchases. However, I was having a lot of frustration with a Schatten HFN that was previously in the guitar and since I have owned guitars with Trinity systems in the past I figured it was a safe bet (compatibility issues aside).

I'm not exactly sure why K&K decided to do this, but I would venture a guess that they may have had a lot of warranty claims over the years from people exceeding the recommended voltage. I knew that Larry was running them "over the limit" as he put it with good success for years, but always wondered if that was lucky or not.

Larry - thanks for weighing in, you have posted a lot of great info on this topic over the years I considered trying an Audix L5O and may still pick one up to compare at some point. For now, I'm thinking of sourcing a Trinity belt pack on the cheap so I can use the Solstice for blending. Both the Raven and Solstice sounded great when I compared them last night using just the SBTs - I would give the edge to the DTAR for being quieter and fuller sounding. I can't wait to try the Solstice with the mic!