View Single Post
Old 02-01-2020, 08:51 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriscom View Post
Seriously .

I've been checking Sweetwater, Musicians Friend/Guitar Center and other sites for reviews but other than It Was Cool At NAMM comments nothing out there. Right now I'm sitting in front of yet another solo guitar dude using an Evolve 50 (two Saturdays in a row) and it works very well in this medium small space.
Does it capture the surrounding essence of a Bose or is it it’s own thing? I ask because I initially was going to buy the 50 instead of my Bose. When I plugged in an acoustic, I had feedback galore without even having any real volume going on. I did futz a bit with an EQ preset which helped, but I think my initial response was meh.

Now that I’ve had my Bose, I’ve come up with some issues I don’t think the EV would have, which is headroom. There’s a point every time I use it, I sense a random drop in volume, which seems like system compression to me. Of course, there are a few factors that may not be the Bose’s fault, but I don’t have the time to figure it out. I’ve read about issues on the Bose forum which doesn’t instill a lot of confidence.

With all that being said, everyone else who has heard the Bose LOVES it. They love the coverage, the smoothness in sound, etc. To tell you the truth, at this point, I wouldn’t doubt all my perceived issues are just in my head and I’m looking for another excuse to buy more gear. Maybe I’m just so used to playing for years thru conventional speakers, I’ve yet to adapt to the characteristics of a line array.

Sorry for the long post. But if you could tell me the EV is better than the Bose, that would help. Lol.
Takamine EF381SC
EV Evolve 30M x 2
QSC K8.2’s
QSC CP8