View Single Post
Old 01-24-2020, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukulele_Eddie View Post
Ben only did that to save us from being tempted to dismantle it at BIG'er to check out all his fine work.

I really appreciate his pride in craftsmanship. I once bought a uke made by one of the top classical guitar builders. It sounded fantastic, but it looked like my then 10 year old daughter put it together. It was shockingly messy. I bought it from a guy who had several of his guitars and he said, "Yeah, they're the same. What do you expect for $10K and a 3-year wait? ;-)"

I think Ben should start offering scent options in his kerfling. Since I already have a Wilborn and it smells of cedar, maybe I want the next one to smell like wintergreen or something. LOL.

LOL, great story! Maybe you and I can corner Ben and get in on this smell therapy stuff, eucalyptus,lavender, steak....guitar scents for men and women, millions await!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemoman View Post
I'm like you, Tom, in that I like the tops that have some oxidation and character.

It occurred to me after looking at the plates for your Nautilox again that I don't recall if you're doing any kind of burst or shading treatment on this top. Anything in the works along those lines for this guitar?
Funny you should say that, as that is what I have been contemplating the last few days. I need to talk to Ben about it. I don't want anything as dark as the Black Lion, but just wonder if there is something to make the cross grain come to life, but not lose the character of the wood. Although looking at yours, the grain really came out as is. Hmmmm, decisions await.