View Single Post
Old 02-05-2024, 05:19 AM

I'm interpreting the question to mean "if you have multiple acoustic guitars with the same pickup, how different do they sound when plugged in?"

This is applicable to me, as I have 7 guitars that all have JJB SBT's in them.

These are all pretty different - a 70's Applause, an 80's Ovation 12 string, an Eastman archtop, an Altamira Sel-Mac copy, a Martin HD-28, Eastman E2OM-CD and a Martin 000-15SM. In my opinion/experience plugging in is something of an equalizer - many of acoustic properties (volume, sustain, bloom, etc.) get altered or lost. And so much depends on the rest of your signal chain.

I typically play unplugged, but if I do plug in I go straight from the instrument to my Carvin AG300 set to HI Z with flat EQ and very little reverb for effects. In this application enough of the original acoustic sound of each guitar still comes through such that they DON'T all sound the same.

EDIT: I read AGF from the "today on the AGF" standard search where it pulls up all the new posts across all the sub-forums and just now noticed this is in the "Electric Guitars" sub-forum....so I did misinterpret the original question.

Last edited by Mandobart; 02-05-2024 at 05:24 AM.