View Single Post
Old 01-26-2023, 08:46 AM

Yeah, the webcams on ALL the recent MacBooks stink.

I'm a permanent remote employee so I spend my day on Teams calls through my M1 MBP and since I run it in "clamshell mode" connected to dual 4K LG monitors, I needed an external webcam.

I settled on https://reincubate.com/camo/ and use an old iPhone 11 and the video quality is incredible.

Yeah, like Kevin for my music videos, I use my iPhone 12 Pro Max (Max Pro?) to shoot the video (I recently switched to 4K) and just transfer it to my MacBook to sync up with the audio from Logic.

Back on topic, my personal laptop is the recent M2 Air which I LOVE LOVE LOVE. It only has 8GB of RAM but I've never hit any limits with Logic for what I record. The battery lasts quite awhile and I love that they went back to MagSafe (which frees up both USB-C ports if you need them)

My work laptop is the 14" M1 MBP which I love as well (although I just use it for Teams calls, Slack, and Office )

Apple took a big gamble moving away from Intel, but I'm glad they did.

Oh, and I also recently purchased the new iPad Air with runs with the M1 chip, and I also am a big fan (especially coming from an old 3rd generation Air) The multitasking/Stage Manager on the iPad needs a little work but it's getting there.

Last edited by egordon99; 01-26-2023 at 08:48 AM. Reason: Forgot about my iPad